ICI Cutter System
Designed to expedite the process of cutting ICI (In-Core Instrumentation) cables, EPI’s ICI Cutter System is the newest tool of its kind to the industry. Field tested to reduce man-hours, dose and cost, this unit stands at the forefront of automated underwater cutting.
Built as a lightweight and compact unit, the ICI Cutter System utilizes a hydraulic feed motor as well as a hydraucally operated cutter head. Pneumatic cylinders are tasked with providing the force necessary to eliminate ‘slippage’ of the ICI cable. Connected to the main control unit – which can be run manually or set to automatic mode – the ICI Cutter System controls are easily maintained by the engineer/technician.
Some of the technical specifications:
- System Pressure 2500 psi Minimum
- Auto / Stop / Manual Operation
- PLC controlled timing and valving
- Cutter pressure 1500 psi (adjustable 1,000-2,000 psi)
- Motor feed pressure 1100 psi (adjustable 500-1500 psi)
- System hydraulic fluid – UCON Trident AW-32
- (5) 50′ thermoplastic hydraulic hoses
- Hydraulic Quick-Disconnect fittings
- Power Requirements: 220 Volt single phase
- Adjustable 0-130 psi air regulator
Please contact our engineering sales staff to discuss your needs.